Monday, June 27, 2011

Last Week of School!!! Teachers, go home and relax!!!

Think you have it hard with your corporate job and it’s grown up problems? Try keeping a bunch of toddlers and tykes in check ALL DAY!!!

You have got to give it up for Teachers!!!

Even the best behaved child is a handful; now imagine 12 to 24 more of that, every single day!!!

It takes a real gift to be a teacher.
Every time I find myself in my son’s school environment I am reminded of this fact.

Coming from a medical background, I know many people who just got into the medical field for the prestige of the title or for the bank account that may come with it.
But teaching…that is something you need to WANT to do. You need to have a passion for these kids no matter how many tantrums they throw. You need to not only be willing to teach, but be able to make them understand you…that is to say…speak their language. You need to remain creative and open minded to be able to see through the eyes of a curious 5 year old and make complex uninteresting learning, fun! You need to be up always, no down days for you…You can’t come into the office with an attitude or make excuses about PMS, a headache or a lack of sleep. You need to care…sincerely and truly, about the welfare of children you did not bring into the world.
Teachers are amazing!!!

And if you feel you have the gift for it....I encourage you to listen ot your inner voice and go teach! We need you! Our children need you! The future needs you!

Special thanks to my partner, C.C. for finding and formatting this 80's public service announcement for me

 
And now it’s the end of another school year.
Please make an effort to thank the teachers who are helping you raise your kids.

A school donation is always nice, but you could make it more personal with a gift, a card, a bouquet of flowers, chocolates, a gift card maybe.

If you are strapped for cash, get busy with your kids, have them make something nice and pop in a note from you. Teachers may be moved to tears when their students present them with pretty homemade gifts, but I can guarantee that they welcome the appreciation from us, the parents who dump our kids on them for 8 hours and run off to work with grown-ups all day. In fact, I can confirm it: today, I gave my son’s teacher a gift basket and a thank you card. She hugged me and said “it feels so good to know that parents know” “Oh, I KNOW!!!” I said, “cos I would surely be in jail by now if I were watching kids.” We laughed.
Teachers deserve our thanks!

 Let’s give honor where honor is due! 

Teachers, here’s to you!!!
                                                         Applause Applause

Good teachers...and parents...give our kids the Greatest Love of All




No comments:

Post a Comment