Friday, June 24, 2011

Finding Sarah

I was just watching "Finding Sarah"on OWN.
I should be doing a show like that called Finding Susan, cos God knows I haven't found her yet!
Anyway, I think I like that show.

So today is day one of week 4 or is it already week 5 of our fitness challenge.
I did NOT do good this week, I worked out only twice and only one of those times was an 'official' workout.
I did NOT drink enough water. I did NOT blog every day.

Boohoo!!! Shame!!!

Okay...it's a new week of Challenge. Let's get up and go and make it happen this week.
Will call 4everFab for this week's challenge.

In the meantime,just another sign that time waits for no one and never stands still.....it is already TWO whole years since one of the greatest entertainers of all time passed on.
The genius and extremely talented Michael Jackson died two years ago tomorrow.
It's one of those events where everyone remembers exactly where they were that day and how they heard the news.
I remember that I was...where else?...at work, when I got, first a text/email from a friend, then I checked the internet, then I got a phone call and all of a sudden it was everywhere, everyone was talking about it, every radio station was playing his music. It was not a prank. This time it was real. The King of Pop, that he undeniably was, was gone.

And life goes on. But it is interesting, that every time you do hear a song of his, it hits you again - He is really gone. There will never be another song. Another video.

I admit I was a fan. I got to see him live on September 10th, 2001, that was the night before the terror attacks of 9/11.

It was the Michael Jackson 30th Anniversary Celebration at Madison Square Garden.

I was as intrigued by the audience as I was by the King himself, because looking at the audience showed what an impact this man had on music and on the world.
There was every age in the house, every gender, every color, every language, every culture.
We all looked at each other in excitement, knowing we all felt the same no matter who we were or where we came from. Then, when he came on stage and sang we all screamed the same, waved and clapped our hands to the beat the same, danced like crazy the same and sang along to every single word  the same.
For those brief moments we were - the same!!

I marveled at how music could cross bridges in a way that other means could not. In my idealistic self, I felt sure that somewhere in the future there really was the hope of a world with no discrimination, no hate, no wars.....
...and then the next morning....the unthinkable.

Today I heard this song on the radio played in tribute to him, and I'd like to play it here as a reminder to us all that a world free of hate, suffering and war IS possible, but it starts with each of us....
remember to listen to the lyrics...

No comments:

Post a Comment