Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Challenge Continues...June 3 - 10, 2011



So how did we all do with our fitness challenge last week?

FellowBlogger Friend, www.4everfab.wordpress.com, whom we will promote to “Challenge Coach” hence forth, spoke about what she learned from our first 7 day challenge in her blog last night. Brilliant!
And since we are doing this together, here’s what I have learned:

-          I really really need to stick with it and get back in shape. I feel way too heavy to run and I have NO stamina what so ever. Believe me when I say I used to run MILES…now I cannot even run a ONE city block. When I went ‘running’ this week, it was actually a brisk walk. It felt good and I realized that I really miss running/walking, especially outdoors. It has been awesome, and I do not ever want to stop again. Rather, I want to work back up to running again.
-          If I can’t do the work out I had planned…be ready and willing to improvise. Three times this week, I could not get to run, (handling kids, or it got too late, etc) I was VERY tempted to accept that excuse. But I didn’t!!! I turned on the dance music channel on the TV and just moved non-stop for 20 – 25 minutes. I incorporated, push ups, squats, jumping jacks, crunches, some kick boxing and any other moves that came to mind. So it became like an interval training kind of thing. The key was just not to ever stop moving till the time was up. It works up a really good sweat, I might add.
-          It really does help to have a work out buddy! No matter how far away they may be. Just to know you have to report back to someone, and that you may be letting someone down is a great motivator
-          In Oprah’s words, Set Your Intention. Be clear what you are trying to achieve each week and work towards it. This week I did not really set an intention, I just agreed to a challenge. But there was no real goal apart from just doing it. That was probably what I needed just to get started again, but going forward, I want to set a solid intention every week.
-          As for the writing part of the challenge, here’s what I learned: I love it!!!

And whenever it gets hard, just get yourself that "spoon full of sugar" and make it FUN!

And now let’s get into the next Challenge – June 3rd -10th

1)      Up the workout routine to 25 – 30 minutes of non-stop movement
2)      As Lady Gaga’s Trainer suggested in my previous post: eat 4 -5 small meals a day instead of 3 big ones
3)      Include at least 2 or 3 servings of Fruits and/or Veggies daily
4)      Drink at least 6 cups of WATER per day
5)      Write at least one blog post per day.

Think that’s too much??

Well, that's why we call it a
  

Let’s go do it and ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment