Saturday, February 15, 2014

There is no loss in Divine Mind



“There is no loss in Divine Mind” – Florence Scovel Shinn, The Game of Life

It is always extremely exciting when you can put the words you study to the test.  I was able to experience Ms. Shinn’s quote recently.
I had arrived home from picking up the children in the car. We parked the car on the street because there was too much snow and ice in our driveway. I let the children out and then attended to my own things, bag lady that I am. Grabbed everything and headed into the house.

A few hours later, I remembered that I needed to respond to someone’s text from earlier and I reached for my bag to get out my phone. The phone was not in the bag. I was confused. Surely, I had put the phone in there. Or had I taken it out at some point? I looked again. Turned my bag upside down and poured out everything. No phone!

Ran downstairs and looked through coats and coat pockets, everyone’s backpacks etc etc. No phone!

Ran out to the car and did a thorough search. Also searched all the area around the car and the driveway. No luck!

Called the phone company up, ready to cancel the phone and get a new one. I repeatedly called my phone from the land line just in case someone would pick it up, to no avail.

I felt so upset I began taking it out on the poor kids. Yelling that I was mad that I had lost my phone and that they had better stay out of my way because I would take out my anger on them.

In the midst of my anger, I began to tell myself to remain calm. Remember Florence Scovel Shinn said “There is no loss in Divine Mind. Either this phone will be returned to me or I will get its equivalent, or better”

Just then, my land line rang, and it showed my cell phone number on the caller ID.

“You found my phone!!” I screamed excitedly into phone
The poor guy on the other end didn’t know what to say.

As it turned out, an elderly gentleman had picked up the found where he found it in the snow on my street where it must have dropped from my hands, and had taken it to a nearby Radio Shack. And they called me from there.

I was so excited and thankful, I ran to the Radio Shack and gave the gentleman a reward.

I will never again doubt God or my words of affirmation.

I was certain this phone was gone. I have experienced losing my phone this way before, so I was ready to accept my fate, but lo and behold…here it was…my phone returned to me by a very rare incidence of honesty. I would call this a miracle!


Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment