Thursday, January 31, 2013

Weightloss Apps - On my way

Yes indeed, I am on my way....but as always, it's a rocky start.

Last night I downloaded two really cool FREE apps on my Android to help me with my weight loss goal.

MyFitnessPal is awesome for food/calorie tracking.

Gee, I have not done so since I dropped out of WeightWatchers a couple of years ago. I would love to get back on WeightWatchers too, but I am at a financial low right now.
So today was my first day of tracking on MyFitnessPal and I stopped half way through the day.

This is exactly the reason why you are encouraged to track your food....because you just have no idea how much you are eating all day...and how much crap you are eating all day, when you do not journal.

After a mid morning snack I already had only 700 calories left to eat for the day!!!

I made impressively healthy choices at lunch, having only fresh veggies and broiled salmon and WATER...not soda or tea.

But then on the way home I snacked on a Nature's Valley Granola bar and when I got home, I had an early fried chicken 'dinner'. Problem is, I also had a German gingerbread cookie, a glass of lemonade (watered down) and when preparing the plates for the kids, I munched on every little piece of chicken that did not make it to the plate and sucked all the bones clean. Sigh! Please tell me I am not the only mom that does that.

So there is absolutely NO need to track all that I ate...I already know I went WAY over.
This is good....because tomorrow will be better.

The second really cool FREE app is the Walkroid!

Don't you just love the cute little logo???!!!

This was one of the things I really liked over the IPhone...the Droid logo

Okay, I know that sounds really corny, but it's true and I really love the "Walkroid"

This is a Pedometer App which tracks your all day walking. And it would appear that I walk approximately 5511steps a day, equivalent to 2.7 miles.

That's not nearly enough movement to lose any weight. But this is great., because just as the food tracker shocks me into seeing how MUCH my intake is, this step tracker shocks me into seeing how LITTLE my output is. So it is clear to see that some balance is needed.

Hey, I've got the Apps...I've got the Attitude..and I've got 37.5 lbs to lose...I am on my way!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment