Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I make a very cute pregnant woman...

...except that I am NOT pregnant!!!

Today I rushed on to a crowded subway and stood in an empty corner. A very nice gentleman got up and offered me his seat. “Wow,” I thought to myself, “my hair must really be looking good today”
I demurely declined the seat asking if he was getting off soon, he said “no, but please sit down” I accepted, feeling really beautiful but only as I sat down did it occur to me that he thought I was pregnant. My sense of elation quickly waned.

This was actually the second time today and the third time in two days, that someone asked if I was pregnant. And that is not counting all the people that are probably thinking it anyway, but a just not saying it.

Okay…I really think it’s time to take action and take it seriously, cos this is getting ridiculous. It was cute right after my second baby was born. Even when he was one year old. Even a couple of months ago, I still found it funny. But now, I am no longer amused.
Mainly because I myself think I look pregnant…I am gaining instead of losing weight and I am not liking the look or feel of my body at all.

I am quite happy about the challenge we started last week, because it got the ball rolling. I have not missed a day, I am starting to enjoy working out again and I am almost ready for the next challenge.(did I really say that??)

To help you get a clearer picture of what I am talking about, here are some pictures… “before” pictures.




I am my largest right now at 174lbs and you can totally see where I am carrying it. It is hard to believe that I almost had a six pack some years ago, or that I trained for a Marathon.

Well I may be older now, and my body and it’s workings may have changed or slowed a bit, but by George!!…I am going to get back in shape again!!!

I am not talking about 100lbs skinny or rippling muscles or any of that stuff. I just mean a healthy, good feeling, comfortable state of physical being. (we’ll talk more about other health matters later, for now let’s stick with weight loss)

So here’s what I found on yahoo the other day:

Lady Gaga's Personal Trainer's Five Point Fitness Plan 

Trainer Harley Pasternak started out as a Canadian hockey player and later became an exercise scientist for the Department of National Defense. While he was getting his PhD in exercise physiology, he cornered the market on training celebrities who were shooting in Toronto. Halle Berry asked him to come to California to get her in shape for "Catwoman," and his sabbatical turned into a fitness empire. Pasternaks client list includes Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Jennifer Hudson, and Amanda Seyfried, as well as "Twilight's" Ashley Greene and Robert Pattinson. His specialty is effective, efficient regimens that can be done by busy people with little time or space, i.e. movie stars on location as well as busy new moms. I spoke to Harley about his top five tips for getting your best possible body.
1. Eat five meals a day. "You're never hungry. You're eating because it's time to eat, not because you have to eat. So you have more control over what you eat and how much you eat. From a metabolism perspective it's like a windmill. Small gusts of wind throughout the day keep the windmill constantly spinning. It's a more effective machine."

2. "Every meal takes five minutes of prep time. We looked at all the reasons people don't take their motivation into action. You don't need to be a gourmet chef. My recipes take five minutes to make. They're five ingredients or less and you dont have to starve yourself."


3. Every meal must contain five key ingredients. "Protein, fiber, healthy carbs, a healthy fat and a sugar-free beverage. For snacks we have three new flavors of 5 Factor snack bars now. I was frustrated after years of clients bringing me these meal bars. Id look at the nutritional profile and 'low carb' is really not, because its full of sugar alcohols, or high protein is really full of fats and sugar. We hit a home run with these bars."

4. Enjoy one free day each week guilt free. "Enough said."

5. Exercise five times a week for 25 minutes. "Short, intense workouts get results. You dont need the 'kitchen sink' approach where you spend all day at the gym, do tons of different exercises, and use all kinds of weird supplements. Try a simple, doable program that keeps changing and can be done anywhere. There's a big misconception that celebrities have better genetics or that money makes a difference when it comes to getting in great shape. The programs I give people in my books and online are the same as the ones people pay a lot of money for me to hold their hand and do."

The 5-Factor system, including recipes and a shopping list -- the "tool kit" for Harleys exercise and eating program -- can be found at
http://5factor.com/


Hey, it sounds so simple! And we are already doing the 20 minute daily work out! Just up it to 25 minutes, eat healthy FIVE times a day and best of all, enjoy one guilt free day per week…that sounds like something we could implement this week.

And maybe a few more crunches…cos Lady Gaga’s abs are the BOMB!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment